- God expects you to give. In Malachi 3:10, God says, “bring the whole tithe into the storehouse”. The storehouse refers to the place where you worship. Give to God through your home church, the place where you are spiritually fed.
- Giving is a sign of spiritual growth. God tells us in Luke 16:11, “if therefore you have not been faithful in the use of money, how can you expect Him to entrust greater riches to you?” We have been blessed by God. Recognizing God’s blessings, prompts us to reciprocate through giving back to Him. All we have belongs to God. God provides our needs.
- Giving shows you trust God. When you give, you are trusting God to provide and take care of you. You give because He first gave you.
- Giving is an investment for eternity. In Matthew 6:19, Jesus told us to “store up treasure in heaven.” When you give your tithes and offerings to the Lord’s work, you are investing your money in souls for the Kingdom, and helping to get people to heaven.
- When you give, God will bless you. In Galatians 6:7, God says, “do not be deceived, God is not mocked, for whatever a man sows that he will also reap.” God is watching, and whatever you give to Him, He will give back to you. Giving unlocks heaven’s gates on your behalf. You cannot out-give God. The more you give to Him, the more He’ll give back to you.
Try Him. See how He will bless you when you give.
- What keeps you from giving? Why?
- What is one thing you spend your money on that is unhealthy for you or is a waste of money?
- What is something you bought on impulse that you realized later you didn’t really need?
- If you think back to one of the most financially generous things you ever did for the Lord’s work, what was it?
- What practical steps are you taking to make sure you continue to give to the work of the Lord?