Immanuel – God With Us
A 21-year-old young woman was pregnant with twins. She had her first child at the age of 17 years and she was looking forward to the arrival of the two babies.
Due to some medical complications, the doctors put her on bed rest while waiting for the birth of the twins. After a period of time in the hospital, she gave birth to two healthy boys. She named one Irvine, the second Ian. Irvine was big, healthy baby, while Ian was cute and smaller.
On the second day after the birth of the boys, the nurse handed Irvine to the young woman to nurse him which she did. Then, the nurses handed the young woman, Ian. The mother immediately recognized that this was not Ian. She told the nurse this was not her son. She knows her Ian – this was not Ian. The nurse told the woman to be quiet.
The young mother began to cry hysterically. The nurse could not calm her and left. It was then that she called her family who suggested that a police report be filed. The police came and began to investigate.
The family began praying for missing Ian. A few days later, a nurse was arrested. She had stolen and sold Ian to a family who was wanting a son. When the child was handled to the young mother, she cried and kissed her baby. she said, “you are no longer Ian. You are Emmanuel. God with us.”
In this Advent season, we celebrate that God is with us. He became real and lives with us today.
That young woman is my mother. Emmanuel is my young brother, of whom I am very proud. Emmanuel is now a minister of the gospel. He and Jennifer Masango are Salvation Army officers in the Cascade Division in Oregon.
- God is flesh amongst us. He has not left us alone. He IS God with us
- Are you lonely? Are you frustrated?
- Do you feel abandoned, rejected, and lonely?
- Life not working? Things not adding up?
- God will never leave you nor forsake.
- He is with the broken-hearted, the abused, and the neglected.
You are not alone.
You are loved.
You are precious in His eyes.
He loves you.
He cares for you.
He is with you. He has your picture in His phone.
- Matthew 28:20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
- 1Samuel 12:22 For the LORD will not forsake his people, for his great name’s sake, because it has pleased the LORD to make you a people for himself.
- John 14:18 “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
- Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?
- Romans 8:39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”