I have had the great honor and privilege of celebrating my 40th Birthday this week. I took time to reflect on 40 things I have learned in my 40 years on planet earth. I have decided to show you just 10 of the 40. Let me know if you need to see the rest.
- God is my everything. I could not be here today, if it were not of God’s amazing grace. He saved me, Hallelujah!
- Family matters. Friendships matter. No person is an island. We are created to live and function in the context of community.
- To my disappointment, I have learned that I do not know everything. What?!
- Be yourself. Be real. Be comfortable in your own skin.. Faking it to make it is stressful, difficult and exhausting.
- Respect people. Everyone is uniquely created in God’s image. Everyone is valuable. Everyone has a story. Get to know people at a deeper level.
- People will disappoint you. People will hurt you. People will let you down. It comes with being human.
- We are all sinners, fallen creatures, in desperate in need of salvation. No matter how good looking, wealthy, or educated we may be, we still need salvation.
- Forgiveness keeps relationships running. “Forgive each other, as in Christ Jesus you were forgiven.” – Ephesians 4:32 Forgive all. Leave the revenge to God.
- I have often wondered why no one thinks like me. Hahaha! It is a good thing not everyone thinks the way I do.
- Suffering is a guarantee. Sometimes things just do not work. Pain can happen to those already hurting. We may ask “Why?” We live in a fallen world. We look up to God in times of trouble.